Spinal injuries are extremely painful, resulting in physical impairment and serious disabilities. The effect these injuries can have on lifestyle and family can be extremely distressing and demanding.
Here are some facts about spinal cord injury:
- More than 10,000 people in Australia have spinal cord injuries, the main causes being road trauma, falls and water related accidents.
- Care can be very expensive. Cases involving spinal cord injuries often require substantial monetary compensation, with the lifetime cost of quadriplegia being estimated at $9.5 million.
- Any spinal cord injury can have serious consequences for individuals and their loved ones, changing the lives of victims and their families.
- Spinal cord injury victims and their loved ones will have to adapt to a new and different way of life.
These injuries require constant care, attention, and may involve considerable costs. Compensation is the primary way of managing costs and facilities for spinal cord injury care.
Spinal Injury Claims and Compensation
An injury lawyer may help victims and their families receive financial compensation to assist with the long-term health effects and treatments related to spinal injuries. You may be eligible for compensation to cover medical care, physical therapy, mental health concerns, access to a wheelchair and remodelling of your home.
You may also be eligible for compensation for:
- Evaluation of pain and suffering
- Lost wages and future earnings
- The impact spinal cord injury had on your relationships
Early Action is Essential
Immediate action is strongly recommended for spinal injury claims. Due to the nature and complexity of spinal injury compensation, it’s best to get started on making your claim to minimise delays in receiving compensation.
Talk to Our Compensation Lawyers
If you’re in the process of making a spinal injury compensation claim, Brisbane Injury Lawyers can provide essential legal services. We offer a No Win No Fee service to assist claimants and their families. Contact us online or call (07) 3188 5800 and discuss your claim with our team.