CIn economically challenging times, workplace disputes and conflicts become more important than ever for both employees and employers. This is because disputes can lead to serious financial and legal consequences for employers and employees alike.
Having the right lawyer on your side can provide peace of mind. It could be the difference between an unacceptable situation and a favourable resolution.
Legal guidance can also in assist in resolving disputes and achieving more positive, far less expensive outcomes.
What Are Workplace Disputes?
Disputes in the workplace include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Interpersonal conflicts between groups or individuals
- Alleged breaches of human rights protected by law
- Conflicts over terms and conditions of employment
- Unfair dismissal
- Workers compensation
- Discrimination and harassment
Disputes may include lengthy actions against employers and/or staff and they sometimes lead to damaged internal workplace relationships.
Employers need a clear strategy to address disputes and related issues before they become serious problems. Equally, employees need adequate legal support to protect their interests.
Workplace Claims and Protecting Your Interests
Because of the many forms of workplace disputes, it’s best to get legal support from the beginning. There are several steps you can take, including seeking a lawyer to support your rights and taking appropriate legal action.
Possible resolution strategies include:
- Act immediately to get legal help – conflicts rarely go away and can escalate.
- Arrange dispute resolution as soon as possible.
- Ensure that your workplace claims and any related actions are legally viable and properly conducted.
Talk to Our Workplace Compensation Experts
At Brisbane Injury Lawyers, we’re focussed on achieving exceptional results and outcomes for our clients. If you’re in need of workplace dispute services, Brisbane Injury Lawyers can assist you. Contact us online or call (07) 3188 5800 to speak directly to our experts about disputes and workplace claims.