Motorcycle Injury Claims & Compensation

17If you were the driver or a passenger on a motorcycle and are in a road accident you believe wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation. In Queensland, you may be able to make a compulsory third party (CTP) claim for compensation.

All motor vehicle owners pay CTP insurance as part of their vehicle registration. In Queensland, this insurance goes to the CTP insurers through a scheme overseen by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission to provide assistance when someone is in a road accident. Brisbane Injury Lawyers can help victims with compensation claims if they are involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle.


Who Can Make a Claim?

When you’re in a motor vehicle accident, you can claim for a variety of physical and mental injuries and disabilities, including:

  • Soft tissue damage
  • Whiplash
  • Fractures
  • Dislocations
  • Scarring
  • Burns
  • Spinal injuries
  • Head injuries
  • Post-traumatic stress
  • Other psychological disorders


If you’re a dependent, for example a child or a spouse of someone who died because of a motorcycle accident, then you may be able to claim for the loss of financial support along with other expenses.


Making a Claim

If the motor vehicle involved in the accident is registered, it will be covered by CTP insurance. Your compensation will generally come from the CTP insurer, not the driver’s pocket. If the vehicle is unregistered and there is no CTP insurer, your claim will be against the State.

An experienced lawyer can oversee the process of making a CTP claim and pursuing a lawsuit where appropriate to prove whether:

  • You have suffered an injury or disability as a result of the motor vehicle accident
  • The person who caused your injuries or disability owes you a duty of care
  • The person has breached their duty of care by not following road rules, e.g. speeding


Depending on the case, you may be able to make an additional claim. For example if you were working at the time, or on your way to or from work, you may also be eligible for a worker’s compensation claim.


Get in Touch

Speak to a legal professional as soon as possible after a motor vehicle accident. Act quickly as time limits apply and your accident may need to be investigated in order to bring a successful case forward.

Brisbane Injury Lawyers can help you get fair compensation or damages where possible. We believe everyone has the right to legal representation, which is why we charge no fees until the successful conclusion of your claim. No Win, No Fee.

Speak to one of our solicitors today on 07 3188 5800 or contact us online.