Injuries that occur on private property may leave victims with lengthy rehabilitation or even permanent disabilities. Whether you’re visiting a store, the doctor’s office or your friend’s house, you can reasonably expect the premises to be safe.

If you are injured on a private property, you may be eligible for compensation. Fortunately, most commercial businesses and homeowners are covered by public liability insurance to cover claims for unexpected accidents.


Most Private Property Owners Have Insurance

Many people who are injured at a friend or family member’s home are understandably hesitant to make a claim against them. Public liability insurance exists to ensure victims are looked after in the event of an unexpected accident like slip and fall injuries or if the structure of a property collapses while people are in it.

While most people are aware that commercial businesses carry public liability insurance, it is less known that most homeowners and renters are also insured through their mortgage companies, banks or landlords.


Making a Claim

Unfortunately, injury alone is not sufficient to make a claim. You must also prove that the accident occurred as a result of another party’s negligence. Making a claim is a complex process that can be contested by the property owner. Time limits apply to making these claims, meaning it’s essential to seek legal advice as soon as practically possible.


Get in Touch

Brisbane Injury Lawyers are specialists in public liability claims. We believe every person has the right to legal representation, which is why we charge no fees until the successful conclusion of your claim. We pay all the outlay costs, including medical and investigation reports, until your claim is over. No Win, No Fee – that’s our policy.

Time limits may apply. Speak to one of our superfund and disability insurance lawyers on 07 3188 5800 or contact us today.