Legal Services

Motorcycle Accident

If you were the driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian involved in a motorbike accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation. In Queensland, you may be able to make a compulsory third party (CTP) claim for compensation.

All motor vehicle owners pay CTP insurance as part of their vehicle registration. In Queensland, this insurance goes to the CTP insurers through a scheme overseen by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission to provide assistance when someone is in a road accident. Brisbane Injury Lawyers can help victims with compensation claims if they are involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle.

Who Can Make a Claim?

When you’re in a motor vehicle accident, you can claim for a variety of physical and mental injuries and disabilities, including:

  • Soft tissue damage and/or nerve damage;
  • Whiplash;
  • Fractures;
  • Dislocations;
  • Scarring;
  • Burns and/or gravel rash;
  • Spinal injuries;
  • Head injuries;
  • Post-traumatic stress, and;
  • Other psychological disorders.

What Compensation Can You Claim?

In Queensland, if you are involved in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t entirely your fault, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation and damages to cover costs related to the accident. This compensation covers things such as:

  • Medical and hospital bills;
  • Out of pocket expenses;
  • Loss of income;
  • Physical and emotional pain and suffering;
  • Psychological counselling, and;
  • Caregiving and Housekeeping expenses.

If you’re a dependent (for example, a child or a spouse of someone who died because of a motorcycle accident), then you may be able to claim for the loss of financial support along with other expenses.

Making a Claim

If the motor vehicle involved in the accident is registered, it will be covered by CTP insurance. Your compensation will generally come from the CTP insurer, not the driver’s pocket. If the vehicle is unregistered and there is no CTP insurer, your claim will be against the State.

An experienced lawyer can oversee the process of making a CTP claim and pursuing a lawsuit where appropriate to prove whether:

  • You have suffered an injury or disability as a result of the motor vehicle accident;
  • The person who caused your injuries or disability owes you a duty of care, and/or;
  • The person has breached their duty of care by not following road rules, e.g. speeding or driving under the influence.

Depending on the case, you may be able to make an additional claim. For example, if you were working at the time, or on your way to or from work, you may also be eligible for a worker’s compensation claim.

Get in Touch

Speak to a legal professional as soon as possible after a motor vehicle accident. Act quickly as time limits apply and your accident may need to be investigated in order to bring a successful case forward.

Brisbane Injury Lawyers can help you get fair compensation or damages where possible. We believe everyone has the right to legal representation, which is why we charge no fees until the successful conclusion of your claim. No Win, No Fee.

Speak to one of our solicitors today on 1300 695 299 or contact us online.

No win, no fee.

Personal Injury Lawyers

Experts in workers compensation claims,
work-related incidents & public liability.


Can you claim compensation? Complete the form below to find out in 30 seconds.

Or contact us on 1300 695 299 for an obligation free consult.

Claim Checker